No products in the cart.
Nothing says Summer quite like steak. Check out this recipe to recreate it at home.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/4 inches thick and 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 red, yellow and orange bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 3 yellow squash (about 1 pound total), sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles
- 3 zucchini (about 12 ounces total), sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles
- 12 cremini mushrooms
- 12 green onions, roots cut off
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
Vegetables: Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or prepare the barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush the vegetables with 1/4 cup of the oil to coat lightly. Sprinkle the vegetables with salt and pepper. Working in batches, grill the vegetables until tender and lightly charred all over, about 8 to 10 minutes for the bell peppers; 7 minutes for the yellow squash, zucchini, and mushrooms; 4 minutes for green onions.
Steak: Rub both sides of steak with oil; sprinkle with Creole seasoning. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (click here for the different levels of doneness). Let stand 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt. Cut steak into slices. Arrange the vegetables, avocado slices and steak on a platter. Serve with mixture.