No products in the cart.
Perfect to get into the Christmas spirit, great for a small party at home or for a weekend meal! Flank steak that is marinated, rolled up with prosciutto, parmesan, basil, and roasted bell peppers, and then roasted in the oven. Ready in less than an hour. For better results, ask us to butterfly it for you.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 flank steak (3/4 in thick, about 1 1/4 pounds), butterflied
- 2 red bell peppers
- 3 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 6 to 8 thin slices of prosciutto or other cured ham
- 24 medium sized fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 bunch watercress or baby arugula for garnish
– Make the marinade and marinate the steak for 2 hours. Make sure to coat the inside of the butterflied flank steak with the marinade as well.
– Cut bell peppers in half and remove the stems and seed pods. Rub the outside of the bell pepper halves with olive oil and place on a lined baking sheet, cut side down, under a broiler. Broil the halved red bell peppers until peel is black. Remove from the oven, place in a bowl and cover with a plate. After about 5 minutes, remove and discard the blackened peel.
– Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove steak from marinade, reserve the marinade. Layer the steak with prosciutto slices, roasted red bell pepper, parsley, and basil leaves, leaving at least an inch bare at the ends. Sprinkle with Parmesan and pepper.
– Starting with one of the long ends, roll meat up like a jellyroll; grain of steak should run length of roll. Tie in 2-3 inch intervals with kitchen string. Place in shallow baking dish and spread any remaining marinade over the top.
– Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before serving. Cut into 1/2-inch to 1-inch thick slices, garnish with watercress or baby arugula.
– Serve with oven roasted potatoes.