No products in the cart.
Mozzarella Chicken is a dish consisting of baked chicken coated in crusty, Mozzarella cheese. It’s a perfect weeknight dinner meal, ready in less than an hour, and one everyone will love.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons grated Mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, basil or oregano, crushed
- 4 ounces dried spaghetti (or fettuccine)
- 1 ⅓ cups tomato-base pasta sauce
- 1 pound grated Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with foil and coat with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a shallow dish use a fork to beat together egg and the water. In another shallow dish combine the 2 tablespoons grated cheese, the Italian seasoning and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper. Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, into egg mixture; dip into seasoning mixture, turning to coat. Place chicken in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a small saucepan cook pasta sauce until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, divide cooked spaghetti among four serving plates. Top with chicken and pasta sauce. If desired, sprinkle with additional cheese.