No products in the cart.
Skinless chicken breasts smothered in a full-flavoured stroganoff sauce for an easy weeknight dinner! Simply yummy!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 300 g mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups beef broth/stock
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in skillet smooth side down.
- Press down lightly with spatula. Cook for 4 minutes until golden. Turn and press lightly with spatula. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove chicken onto a plate.
- Turn heat down to medium high. Add butter, melt. Then add onions, cook for 1 minute, then add mushrooms.
- Cook mushrooms until golden. Scrape bottom of fry pan to get all the golden bits off (this is flavour!).
- Add flour, cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add half the broth while stirring. Once incorporated, add remaining broth.
- Stir, then add sour cream and mustard. Stir until incorporated.
- Bring to simmer, then reduce heat to medium low. Once it thickens to the consistency of pouring cream (3 minutes), adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken back in (including plate juices). Simmer for 1 minute, then remove from stove.
- Serve over pasta or egg noodles, sprinkled with parsley or chives if desired.