No products in the cart.
We don’t need to say much to get you to try this recipe, filet mignon speaks for itself. When wrapped in bacon and served with an Hollandaise Sauce and mashed potatoes, you guessed it! Simply divine!
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice , or more as desired for flavour
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, or more for a thinner consistency, melted and hot
- Before cooking, remove steaks from fridge and let them come to room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. Place a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot (after 1 minute or so), add some butter, melt it and swirl it around the pan to coat. When butter is bubbling, add steaks to the pan and sear for 90 seconds per side.
- Transfer pan directly to oven and let cook until the steaks reach your desired doneness; 5-6 minutes per side in the oven (10 minutes total) should give you a nice medium-rare steak. Check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. For medium-rare, it should register 135°F in the thickest part of the steak.
- When steaks are done, remove from the oven and transfer to a clean plate. Cover with foil and let rest for 6-7 minutes. Remove twine from steaks and serve with the hollandaise sauce and mashed potatoes (and/or asparagus).
Instructions for Hollandaise Sauce
- Melt the butter in a microwave for about 1 minute, until it’s hot. Alternatively, you could heat it on the stove.
- Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, dijon, salt and cayenne pepper into a high powered blender and blend for 5 seconds until combined.
- With the blender running on medium high, slowly stream in the hot butter into the mixture until it’s emulsified.
- Pour the hollandaise sauce into a small bowl and serve while warm.