No products in the cart.
This sandwich is full of savoury flavours you will love, from grilled vegetables (or roasted) of your choice to cheese and ham.
- 2 thick slices of crusty bread (of your choice)
- 85 grams of black forest ham
- 4 slices of cheese – gouda, castelões, D. Pedro…
- 1 small eggplant, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream, or nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 bunch watercress, washed, large stems removed (about 2 cups)
1. Toss eggplant, zucchini, and bell pepper with oil and garlic and grill (you can also roast them).
2. Meanwhile, whisk together sour cream (or yogurt), mayonnaise, basil and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Spread the mayonnaise mixture on both of the bread halves and arrange watercress on the bottom layer. Place your ham and cheese on top of the watercress. Top with the vegetable mixture and the bread top. Grill for about 3 minutes, carefully turning the sandwich so that it is evenly grilled. Enjoy!