No products in the cart.
Simple to make, loaded with classic Greek flavours: chicken marinated in lemon, garlic and dried oregano then threaded onto skewers. Served with a homemade Tzatziki, all bundled up in pita bread.
- 750 g chicken thigh fillets (or breast), cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- wraps / pita bread
- Tomato slices
- 2 cucumbers (to make about ½ cup grated cucumber after squeezing out juice)
- 1 1/4 cups plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar (or red wine or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Place chicken and marinade into a bowl and set aside to marinate for at least 3 hours to overnight.
- Thread chicken onto 8 skewers.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat (or BBQ). Cook skewers for 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Serve Chicken Souvlaki with tzatziki, flatbreads, lettuce and tomato slices.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise. Use a teaspoon to scrape the watery seeds out. Coarsely grate the cucumber using a box grater. Then wrap in paper towels or a tea towel and squeeze to remove excess liquid.
- Place cucumber in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients then mix to combine. Set aside for at least 20 minutes for the flavours to meld.