No products in the cart.
Beef tongue’s taste is clean and beefy and its texture is firm and fleshy. Once braised, be sure to peel it while still warm and return it to its braising liquid to remain moist.
- 4 1/2 pounds beef tongue excess fat trimmed
- 6 cups water
- salt to taste
- 1 onion sliced
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 2 serrano peppers
- large handful of cilantro
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- If there is any excess fat on the beef tongue, trim it away before cooking.
- Place the beef in the bottom of a large heavy dutch oven-style pot or a roasting pan. Add all of the remaining ingredients to the pan with beef.
- Cover with foil, then lid. Braise in preheated 375 degree oven for 5 1/2-6 hours.
- Serve it with some creamy mashed potato.