No products in the cart.
Meatballs in tomato sauce with melted cheese on a baguette is simply divine! Anyone else agrees? Well, here’s the recipe!
- 16 meatballs (recipe)
- 2 cups pasta sauce or marinara sauce (see below)
- 4 mini baguettes (or dinner rolls)
- 4 tablespoons garlic butter
- 1 cup shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper paste
- A handful flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped, about 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- One 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- One 14-ounce can chunky style crushed tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare meatballs as directed on recipe.
- Roll into 1″ balls and place on a parchment lined pan. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place cooked meatballs in a saucepan with pasta sauce and simmer covered 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread garlic butter inside each baguette (or roll). Heat broiler and broil rolls until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange baguettes (rolls) in a 9×13 baking dish. Place 4 meatballs in each roll and top with a little bit of sauce and cheese.
- Broil 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with additional sauce for dipping if desired.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add oil and garlic. When garlic starts sizzling, add herbs and crushed pepper. Allow oil to infuse for half a minute, then stir in the tomatoes and season sauce with salt and pepper. Bring sauce to a bubble, reduce heat, and simmer until meatballs are removed from oven.