No products in the cart.
This hearty beef stew is comfort food at its best! It will definitely warm your soul! It makes sure you really make the most of each step of the cooking process to end up with a beautiful, rich, and hearty beef stew!
2 lbs boneless beef stew meat
1 cup carrots
2 stalks celery, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. tomato paste
6 c. low-sodium beef broth
1 c. red wine
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. dried or fresh thyme leaves
2 bay leaves
1 lb. baby potatoes, halved
1 c. frozen peas
1/4 c. freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add beef and cook until seared on all sides, 10 minutes, working in batches if necessary. Transfer beef to a plate.
- In the same pot, cook onion, carrots, and celery until soft, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and tomato paste and cook until garlic is fragrant and tomato paste has darkened, 2 minutes.
- Add beef back to dutch oven then add broth, wine, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and let simmer until beef is tender, 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves. Stir in peas and cook until warmed through, 2 minutes. Garnish with parsley before serving.