No products in the cart.
Everyone needs a great everyday Spaghetti Bolognese recipe. This meat sauce is rich in flavour and easy to make for a weeknight dinner.
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 onion , finely chopped (brown, yellow or white)
- 1 lb / 500g beef mince (ground beef)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry red wine (sub water or beef broth/stock)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, crumbled
- 800g / 28 oz can crushed tomato
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp white sugar, if needed
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 400 g / 13 oz spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in a large pot or deep skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic, cook for 3 minutes or until light golden and softened.
Turn heat up to high and add beef. Cook, breaking it up as your go, until browned.
Add red wine. Bring to simmer and cook for 1 minute, scraping the bottom of the pot, until the alcohol smell is gone.
Add remaining ingredients except salt and pepper. Stir, bring to a simmer then turn down to medium so it bubbles gently. Cook for 20 – 30 minutes (no lid), adding water if the sauce gets too thick for your taste. Stir occasionally.
Adjust salt and pepper to taste right at the end. Serve over spaghetti.