No products in the cart.
Easy to make, full of great flavour, and incredibly versatile. Serve it with Italian marinara sauce, Swedish cream sauce, American bbq sauce and beyond!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed if frozen
- ¼ cup fat-free milk
- ¼ cup very finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup snipped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces lean, ground pork
- 8 ounces uncooked, ground turkey breast
- 3 cups beef broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 dash ground allspice
- ¾ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 9 ounces spiral (fusili) pasta
- 1 sprig Snipped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 375º. Line a shallow baking pan with foil. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl combine the bread crumbs, egg product, milk, onion, 1/4 cup parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Mix well. Add ground pork and ground turkey; mix well. Shape mixture into 18 meatballs (mixture will be soft). Place meatballs in the prepared baking pan. Bake 10 minutes (meatballs will not be done in the center at this point).
- In a 2-quart slow cooker, combine the beef broth, 1/2 teaspoon salt, dry mustard, nutmeg and allspice. Add the meatballs. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 hours.
- If using low-heat setting turn to high-heat setting. In a small bowl stir together the sour cream and flour. Whisk 1 cup of hot broth into sour cream mixture until smooth. Gently stir sour cream mixture into the slow cooker until combined. Cover and cook 30 minutes.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions for al dente doneness; drain. Transfer pasta to a large serving bowl. Pour meatballs and sauce over pasta. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes to thicken. If desired, sprinkle with additional parsley.