No products in the cart.
Easy, delicious & healthy meatloaf is the perfect recipe for those who want to eat healthy as it is made with hidden vegetables. All the classic flavours your whole family loves about meatloaf!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1/2 red bell grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika (just a couple shakes over the formed meatloaf)
- parsley optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large cast iron skillet add the olive oil on high heat. Add in the onion and garlic to the pan and start cooking while finishing preparing the zucchini.
- Add the zucchini and bell pepper to some paper towels folded in half, close the edges together to form a pouch and squeeze out as much liquid from them as you can. Add the zucchini to the pan and stir. Continue cooking for 8-10 minutes until they’re tender and reduced in size.
- In a large bowl add the beef, bread crumbs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, egg, salt, black pepper and the cooked vegetables. Mix the ingredients well then add them to a loaf pan. Shake some paprika over the meatloaf.
- Cook for 60-65 minutes or until cooked through to 160 degrees.
- Let stand for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.