No products in the cart.
These crunchy baked chicken tenders are life changing! The secret to truly golden, truly crunchy baked breaded chicken is to toast the breadcrumbs in the oven first.
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or juice of 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt to season
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 28 ounces chicken tenders
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup regular breadcrumbs (garlic, herb or Italian seasoned for extra flavour)
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika (or sweet, smoky, spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease a baking tray / sheet with cooking oil spray, or a light coating of oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken tenders into egg mixture and let sit for 5 minutes while preparing crumb mixture.
- In another bowl, combine both breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and parmesan cheese.
- Dredge the egg coated chicken in the breadcrumb/parmesan mixture, lightly pressing to evenly coat.
- Arrange tenders on the baking sheet / tray and lightly spray with cooking oil spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip and bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until cooked through. (Broil in the last 2-3 minutes for a golden crispy crumb!)