No products in the cart.
This chili con carne with ground beef is a serious crowd-pleaser! It has a nice flavour and just enough spice. It comes together in less than an hour. It you use lean ground beef, it’ll be healthier and also keeps it from being greasy.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 onion, diced (brown, white, yellow)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 500g ground beef
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 800g can crushed tomato
- 420g can red kidney beans, drained (or other beans)
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 – 1 1/2 cups water
- Salt and pepper
Chili Spice Mix:
- 1 – 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 tsp paprika powder
- 5 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook for 1 minute, then add pepper and cook for 2 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Turn heat up to high and add beef. Cook, breaking it up as you go, until mostly browned.
- Add Chili Spice Mix. Cook until beef is browned all over.
- Add remaining ingredients, with 1/2 cup of water. Bring to simmer, then adjust heat for 20 to 40 minutes, uncovered, on medium low heat so it’s bubbling gently;
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste just before serving.
- Serve in bowls with corn chips or warm tortillas on the side with toppings of choice (we love cheese and green onions).