No products in the cart.
A delicious dish that’s rich and nutritious! Serve with gravy drizzled over fluffy mashed potatoes.
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 large onions, sliced thin
- salt & pepper, to season the onions and liver
- 1⁄2lb beef liver, sliced thin
- 1⁄2cup flour
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook the bacon slices. Remove bacon slices from skillet, and set aside, but DO NOT drain off the bacon grease.
- To the bacon grease in skillet, add the sliced onions; season with salt and pepper. Cook onion slices over medium to medium-high heat, for about 15 minutes; stirring often.
- Remove onions from the skillet, and set aside, but DO NOT drain off any of the bacon grease. To the skillet, add a couple tablespoons of butter.
- In a shallow bowl, add the flour; sprinkle in some of the salt and pepper. Lightly dust liver in the flour, add to the skillet, and cook liver over medium heat, till lightly browned on both sides. This doesn’t take very long, so watch and turn liver quickly, so it doesn’t burn in skillet. Remove cooked liver from the skillet, and set aside on a plate.
- Add the sliced onions back to the skillet. Place liver on top of the cooked onions, then top the liver with the bacon slices. Cover skillet with a lid; cook the liver, bacon and onions over low heat (a low simmer) for exactly 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat; remove the liver, bacon, and onions, and place on a serving platter or plate to serve with mashed potatoes.