No products in the cart.
As the temperature rises and the days grow longer, we often associate summertime with grilling and outdoor feasts. But let’s not forget the magic of simmering stews that fill the air with irresistible aromas and create heartwarming moments. Today, we want to shine a spotlight on the unsung hero of summer meals – stew meat! Join us as we explore the wonders of stew meat and share a delightful recipe that will elevate your summer dining experience.
The Beauty of Stew Meat:
Stew meat, carefully selected and expertly cut by our skilled butchers, is a versatile ingredient that holds immense potential for creating succulent and satisfying dishes. Its rich flavours and tender texture make it ideal for hearty stews that bring people together around the table.
Recipe: Summer Vegetable and Beef Stew
- 1.5 lbs of stew meat, cubed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add stew meat and brown it on all sides. Remove the meat and set it aside.
- In the same pot, add diced onion and minced garlic. Sauté until fragrant and translucent.
- Add carrots, zucchinis, bell pepper, and cherry tomatoes to the pot. Sauté for a few minutes until slightly softened.
- Return the stew meat to the pot. Pour in the beef broth, ensuring that the meat and vegetables are submerged. Add dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and let it simmer for about 1.5 to 2 hours, or until the meat is tender.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
- Serve the summer vegetable and beef stew hot, accompanied by crusty bread or fluffy rice.
With our premium stew meat and this sumptuous recipe, you can create a memorable summer meal that brings together the flavours of the season.