No products in the cart.
Venture into the culinary treasure trove of the Azores, and you’ll discover a plethora of delightful dishes, each with its own unique flair. Among these hidden gems is Morcela Açoriana, a traditional blood sausage that captures the essence of this Portuguese archipelago’s cuisine. Today, we’re unveiling the secrets to this delicious Morcela Açoriana recipe, so you can savour a taste of the Azores in your own kitchen.
- 1 Morcela Açoriana (Azorean blood sausage)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Prepare the Morcela: Remove the Morcela Açoriana from its casing and crumble it into a bowl. Set aside.
- Sauté the Aromatics: In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, sautéing until they turn translucent and aromatic.
- Cook the Rice: Stir in the Arborio rice and cook for a few minutes until it’s well-coated with the onion and garlic mixture.
- Deglaze with Wine: Pour in the white wine and cook until it’s mostly absorbed by the rice.
- Add the Morcela: Incorporate the crumbled Morcela Açoriana into the rice mixture, stirring well.
- Gradually Add Broth: Begin adding the chicken or vegetable broth one ladle at a time, stirring frequently. Allow each ladle of broth to be mostly absorbed before adding the next.
- Season and Simmer: Continue adding broth and stirring until the rice is creamy and cooked to your desired level of doneness. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve: Garnish your Morcela Açoriana risotto with fresh parsley and serve hot.
This Morcela Açoriana recipe offers a delightful blend of flavours, with the rich, savoury essence of the blood sausage infusing the creamy risotto. It’s a taste of the Azores that you can savour wherever you are. When it comes to authentic Portuguese ingredients like Morcela Açoriana, Pavão Meats is your go-to source for quality and tradition. Enjoy this delightful dish and transport your taste buds to the charming Azores islands!