No products in the cart.
Stuffed chicken breasts are the most popular recipes on our site. So, we’ve decided to share another one – this one is inspired on the Mediterranean diet.
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped roasted red bell peppers
- ¼ cup olives, pitted and quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 (8 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Combine feta, roasted red peppers, olives, basil, parsley and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Using a small knife, cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Stuff each breast pocket with about 1/3 cup of the feta mixture; secure the pockets using wooden picks. Brush the chicken with mustard and sprinkle the chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the stuffed breasts, top-sides down, in the pan; transfer the pan to the oven. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of the chicken registers 165º F, 20 to 25 minutes. Drizzle the chicken evenly with lemon juice. Remove the wooden picks from the chicken before serving.