No products in the cart.
Simple, quick, minimal ingredients, and low in carbs! That‘s the perfect description for a liver recipe! Oh, we forgot versatile, delicious and perfect for a weeknight dinner! Add to your list of “meal prep“ recipes!
- 400g new potato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions , trimmed and each cut into 2-3 pieces on the diagonal
- 4 rashers of unsmoked bacon , snipped into pieces
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp paprika , plus extra for sprinkling
- 175g lamb’s liver , sliced into thin strips
- 20g pack flatleaf parsley , chopped
- 150ml hot vegetable stock (made with bouillon powder)
- 4 tbsp soured cream
Halve the potatoes. Simmer in salted water for 12-15 minutes. Drain and set aside. Heat the oil in a wok. Add the potatoes and fry them for 4-5 minutes over a high heat until browned and crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Tip the spring onions and bacon into the pan and stir and sizzle for 3-4 minutes or until the bacon gets crispy. Meanwhile, season the flour with paprika, a little salt and plenty of black pepper, then use to coat the liver.
Stir the liver into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Toss in the potatoes and quickly reheat. Stir in the chopped parsley, remove everything from the pan and divide between 2 plates. Keep warm.
Quickly pour the hot stock into the pan and scrape all the crispy bits up from the bottom. Bubble for 1-2 minutes, then pour around the liver and potatoes. Serve each portion topped with soured cream and a sprinkling of paprika.