No products in the cart.
Our spaghetti bolognese is super easy and a true Italian classic with a meaty, chilli sauce. (Note: Bolognese Sauce is perfect on any pasta, not just spaghetti!)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 carrot finely diced
- 1 rib celery finely diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound ground pork
- 1 ¼ cups red wine or beef broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 28 ounces whole tomatoes with juice
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Cook onion in oil over medium heat until it starts to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, carrot and celery. Cook until softened, an additional 5 minutes.
- Add beef and pork. Brown until no pink remains. Drain fat. Add wine and simmer until evaporated, about 7-9 minutes. Add milk and simmer until evaporated, about 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, Italian seasoning, tomatoes with juice and bay leaf. Break tomatoes up with a spoon. Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 ½ cups of pasta water.
- Toss pasta with sauce adding pasta water to thin out if needed.
- Serve hot with parmesan cheese.