No products in the cart.
These burgers are the best on the grill in the summertime.
Packed with all kinds of stuff, and no tasteless bread crumbs!
- 1/4 cup sambal oelek (Indonesian chile sauce)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef chuck
- Kosher salt
- 4 slices of American cheese
- 4 potato buns, toasted
- 1 cup chopped drained cabbage kimchi (6 ounces)
- In a small bowl, combine the sambal with the mayonnaise and ketchup and mix well.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Grill the bacon over moderate heat, turning, until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes total. Drain on paper towels.
- Form the beef into eight 1/4-inch-thick burgers and season with salt. (For a quicker meal, you can also get the Pavão style burgers, ready to grill). Grill over high heat, turning, until browned, 1 minute per side. Make 4 stacks of 2 burgers each on the grill and spoon 1 tablespoon of the sambal mayo over each stack. Top with the cheese, cover and grill over high heat just until the cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- Spread the remaining sambal mayo on the bottom buns. Top with the burgers, bacon and kimchi, lettuce, tomato and onion, close and serve.