No products in the cart.
- 4 medium russet potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- ½ bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup diced ham
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- ½ cup chopped fresh chives, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white or black pepper
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Microwave on Medium, turning once or twice, until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add asparagus, cover and steam until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine the steamed asparagus with ham, sour cream, ½ cup Swiss cheese, 6 tablespoons chives, salt and pepper in a bowl. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut off the top third, then gently scoop out the flesh; add to the bowl with the ham mixture and gently mash together.
- Place the potato shells in a microwave-safe dish and evenly divide the ham mixture among them. (They will be very well stuffed.) Top each stuffed potato with 2 tablespoons of the remaining cheese. Microwave on High until the filling is hot and the cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes. Garnish with the remaining chives.
- No microwave? No problem: Preheat oven to 400°F. Pierce potatoes in several places with a fork. Bake directly on the center rack until tender, 45 to 60 minutes. Fill the potato as directed and bake the stuffed potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet until the filling is hot, about 15 minutes.