No products in the cart.
The star of any lunch box.
- 1 1/2tablespoons butter
- 1teaspoon coriander seeds (crushed with a mortar and pestle)1bay leaf (small)
- 1tart baking apple, cored and cut into 6 slices
- 4slices ham
- 2sandwich buns (rustic, cut in half)
- 3ounces raclette (or any aromatic cheese that melts well, cut into 4 thick slices)
- 3black peppercorns (crushed with a mortar and pestle)
- In a large, heavy pan, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the coriander and bay leaf and stir to coat them in butter. When the butter is hot and sizzling, arrange the apple slices next to each other in the pan and sauté for 1 to 1½ minutes per side or until golden brown — mind that the spices don’t burn. Take the pan off the heat and set aside.
- Set the oven to broil (quicker method) or preheat to 500°F.
- Layer 2 slices of ham on the bottom half of each bun and top with 2 apple slices.
- Add 2 slices of raclette and finish with the roasted coriander seeds from the pan and another slice of apple. Put the sandwiches under the broiler or roast at 500°F for a few minutes or until the cheese starts to melt.
- Sprinkle with crushed peppercorns and place the top on each bun.