No products in the cart.
Let this honey-glazed ham decorated with aromatic herbs
double as your Christmas table centrepiece this holiday
season before carving thick slices.
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 80ml (1/3 cup) honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 (about 8kg) whole leg ham, on the bone
- Whole cloves, to stud
- Stir the sugar, maple syrup, honey and mustard in a bowl until the sugar dissolves.
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line a large baking dish with 2 layers of non-stick baking paper. Place an oven shelf in the lowest position. Remove all other shelves. Use a sharp knife to cut around the shank of the ham, about 10cm from the end. Run a knife under the rind around edge of ham. Gently lift the rind off in 1 piece by running your fingers between the rind and the fat. Score the fat in a diamond pattern, about 5mm deep. Stud the centres of the diamonds with cloves. Transfer to prepared dish.
- Brush one-third of the glaze over the ham. Bake, brushing with glaze every 25 minutes, for 1 hour 30 minutes.