No products in the cart.
Summer time means grilling time, and we all know what that means: burger season. We love a good juicy burger, but we’ll be the first to admit that mayo and barbecue aren’t necessarily the healthiest choices. So we’ve scoped out all sorts of healthy options to suit any palate. And present some creative tips for condiments.
Whatever type of burger you make, before you fire up the grill, keep these tricks in mind to amp up the flavor and the benefits of your meal.
- Swap plain, protein-rich Greek yogurt or smashed avocado in place of mayo for a healthier spread.
- Use whole-wheat breadcrumbs instead of white, or try ground nuts (such as hazelnut or almond) for a healthier filler that’s also gluten-free.
- Add fresh herbs to your burger for a healthy, low-calorie flavor-booster.
- Sneak more veggie servings into your day by tossing chopped spinach or other leafy greens into the burger mixture, or add as a topping.
- Choose healthy spreads and condiments for your burger. Some of our favorites: mustard, homemade ketchup, or even homemade ranch.
- Go easy on the cheese. Skip the fat-free stuff, because “no fat” means it won’t melt easily. Instead, choose a small portion of your favorite kind, fat and all.