No products in the cart.
Every holiday needs planning and Christmas is perhaps
the most important of them all – at least for us! Here’s
our favourite Christmas turkey dinner recipe.
– 2 gal. water, divided
– 2 1/2 c. kosher salt
– 1/2 c. brown sugar
– 1 orange, cut into rounds
– 1 lemon, cut into rounds
– 6 cloves garlic, smashed
– 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
– 4 sprigs fresh sage
– 4 dried bay leaved
– 1 tbsp. peppercorns
– 1 tsp. allspice berries (optional)
- Combine 1/2 gallon water (8 cups) with all other ingredients in a large pot and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, then reduce to a simmer and cook until salt and sugar have dissolved completely. Remove from heat and add remaining 1 1/2 gallons (24 cups) water to pot. Stir to combine and let cool completely, around 1 hour.
- Submerge turkey completely in brine. If more water is needed, mix together additional brine by adding 2 tablespoons kosher salt to 1 cup of water, and stirring until dissolved. Brine overnight, or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to roast, thoroughly rinse turkey and pat dry with paper towels.