No products in the cart.
If you’ve never made chicken shawarma, you’re missing out on one of the most
delicious sandwiches in the world. Ready to wrap?
- Combine 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt, chile sauce, vinegar, barbeque sauce, soy sauce, minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon white pepper, black pepper, and cinnamon in a bowl; add chicken. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, chopped garlic, 1/2 teaspoon white pepper, and salt in a bowl until sauce is smooth.
- Heat cooking oil in a skillet or wok over high heat; add chicken. Cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Toast pita bread on a flat pan or skillet over medium heat until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Spread sauce on pita bread (or make pocket in the pita and spread sauce inside). Layer chicken, cabbage, onion, and pickles over sauce. Fold or wrap sandwiches with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Recipe: Zainab Pervaiz